All The Greens Juice
Green juice has so many wonderful health benefits. In addition to being a simple and delicious way to consume your veggies without chomping on salad all day, green juice also provides a ton of fiber, countless antioxidants, electrolytes, promotes detoxification and digestive health, and is also extremely hydrating.
Plus, fueling up on green juice shows through your skin, hair, and nails, too! When our internal body is given proper nutrition, our external body glows. It's also a nice way to bring more variety into your diet. Don't like a certain veggie raw or cooked? Try it juiced or blended! This might be the easiest way to sneak veggies into your children's diets, but why not into yours, too?
The recipe below is pretty simple to modify. Want to swap pineapple for the mango? Go for it! Only have kale on hand and not romaine? Use 2-3 leaves of kale instead, and maybe add a touch of extra lemon to contrast the earthiness of the extra kale. Play with this recipe as you like, adding extra water to thin it out, or less water and extra mango to freeze into popsicle molds. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS. Serves 3 large glasses.
1 large leaf of fresh green kale, rib removed
2 large leaves of fresh romaine, hard white bases removed (about 1'')
1 large stalk of fresh celery, trimmed at both ends
1 small-medium fresh kiwi, skin removed
2-3 inches fresh ginger, skin removed
1 medium-large fresh grapefruit, peel removed
1-2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/3 c. frozen mango chunks
2-3 c. filtered water, depending on desired consistency
Optional: ice for serving, extra lemon wedges for serving, 1 tsp. chia seeds per glass (hydrate for about 20 minutes in the green juice before drinking), or other additions as desired
1. Wash all produce and prepare as directed above.
2. Add all ingredients and 2 cups of filtered water to a high-powered blender.
3. Blend on low-medium and gradually increase to high. If you need to add the third cup of water to help the juice blend into a smooth consistency, or if you prefer a thinner juice, add it now.
4. Once all ingredients have been completely pureed, turn off the blender and divide the juice into glasses with ice, or store in the refrigerator in an air-tight pitcher or individual jars until ready to drink.
- This is not a thick frozen smoothie. The ratios listed here will provide a pourable green juice. If you'd like to drink this frozen, add ice while blending, and reduce water to about 2 cups.
- If storing in the refrigerator, drink within 2 days.